A Woefully Incomplete List of Interviews* & Issues
in which I Am Featured Poet
(*Links to online interviews are on the Prose page under the 'Writing' tab above.)
Recently Scifaikuest asked me to be the featured poet for their February 2017 issue and I was flattered to accept. Since I first wrote that, they asked me to be the featured poet again, this time for the February 2021 issue, and I was equally as delighted to accept.
A friend pointed out to me that such occasions are accolades that might be listed with my other accolades. I am far too grateful for the amazing things writing has given me in life to pretend that these accolades are no big deal. They don’t individually change the world or my life in any significant way, but I think of them as kind compliments, and every one of them was a delight. In this era of trolls and negativity, genuine compliments are too scarce.
The first time a magazine had my name on the cover I savored it for two days. The first time a magazine with my name on the cover was for sale at the local bookstore, I stopped to look at it every time I was in the bookstore, until it went off sale. I have been lucky enough to receive many compliments in my writing career, and I have savored them for the duration of a celebratory beer, and then moved on. After all, ‘the secret of life is: do the next thing.’ (Friend Spider Robinson put it perfectly when he wrote that.)
I have not kept track of the many times I have been a featured poetry reader. I have not kept track of the many times I’ve been interviewed for one thing or another. And, honestly, I have not kept track of the times I have been a featured poet. After all, poetry has been something that has leaked out of me while life was happening, and I have barely been able to keep track of the poetry, much less the related compliments. But some of those things can be determined after the fact. So what follows is a very incomplete list of times I have been a featured poet in a magazine, or interviewed. Perhaps in a year or two I will start adding featured poetry readings. Then again, I might just keep doing and savoring, and leave the recordkeeping to someone else.
- Scifaikuest February 2021 (30 poems, an interview, an article)
- Friends of GLAHW 15 April 2020 (interview, linked in "Writing - Prose")
- Outposts of Beyond July 2017 (4 poems) (forthcoming)
- Illumen Spring 2017 (4 poems and NF notes on a poem)
- Scifaikuest February 2017 (28 poems and an interview)
- Outposts of Beyond October 2016 (3 poems)
- FrostFire Worlds V3#4 May 2016 (4 poems over five pages including the full-folor back cover.) There are five featured poets in the issue including friend Alan Katerinsky.
- FrostFire Worlds V3#1 August 2015 (4 poems on a full-sized magazine page. The magazine has since reformatted to smaller size.)
- Interviewed by Dr. Mary A. Turzillo – R.KV.R.Y. Quarterly Literary Journal blog for August 2015 (Linked in “Writing – Prose”)
- ArtVoice November 6-12, 2003 (2 poems, I am part of the Thundering Word Writers Group which was featured, and I coordinated the feature)
- Reader’s Quarterly Fall 2001 (4 poems, the Thundering Word Writers Group was featured)
- ArtVoice July 6-12, 2000 (3 poems)
- Midnight Zoo scheduled for December 1994 (10 poems) but the magazine ceased publication before publishing the feature
- Interviewed by Bobbi Sinha – Heliocentric Net Summer 1994
- Fury Magazine – Summer 1994 (2 poems)
- Just Write – June 1993 (1 poem) featured in their LineLight spotlight
- Just Write –March 1993 (1 poem) featured in their LineLight spotlight
- Pirate Writings V1#2 Summer 1993 (6 poems)
- Midnight Zoo V2#6 Nov/Dec 1991 (9 poems)
- Midnight Zoo V1#3 May/June 1991 (12 poems)
- Dumars Review #7 Spring 1990 (2 poems)